Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Angel's birthday
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 am 

Happy birthday Jon! :ymparty: (even sounds a little wierd). I wish you were here, I would like give you a big chocolate cake. But sadly isn't possible. So, please God give to our angel as a birthday present much light and peace. God bless you Jon, you will always in my mind and heart :-*

Post subject: Re: Our Angel's birthday
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 am 

Yes, happy birthday Jon. We have missed you all these years since you left us, but we still remember you, we still love you...we continue to tell others about you and how you lived, so that you may live again within us and others.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:12 am 

I had pizza for him today and I also made this.

http://youtu.be/aZXWsMF6ff8

Hope you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:00 pm 

Jonathanfanboy wrote:
I had pizza for him today and I also made this.

http://youtu.be/aZXWsMF6ff8

Hope you like it.

Awww, that's very sweet! I'm trying no cry, you know, but isn't easy, your video is very good and touching. Congratulations JFB! :ymapplause:.Thank you for sharing with me. You and Mr. irrelevant are very kind persons. God bless you guys, and God bless our angel too. Hugs. :ymhug:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:01 pm 

Happy birthday, bro. Miss ya more than you could imagine. But eh... I'll catch up to you ONE day, and you'll DEFINATELY have an earful from me on checking out early! But I'd do it out of love.

Not so great in one way, from my perspective. Birthdays. I remember our twenties. God, I actually CRINGE at how green I know *I* was. The dumb mistakes I've made, the pointless fights I've had. Funny, yeah. The fights are always a trip particularly when I'm RIGHT in the end. But still pretty pointless, as we all get older.

I'm actually glad I never gave into my own suicidal urges, during my times of self-doubt. And a lot of that, I owe to you, Jon. You... and my own stubborn nature to take the contrary side in a debate! As much as you are missed, you definately left some arguments FOR when things got hard. Being remembered young and healthy, being one.

But the funny thing is, Jon? The kicker? You reminded me of the BIGGEST downside to suicide. Never getting the last word in. I think I'd go truly insane, at that. I dread it. Even though death is the ultimate fate nobody can really escape from eventually.

I watch as the people I love get older... and that's hard, to me. I mean, just today, my Mom and I were talking about how she's starting to get more and more white hairs. Hell, I've had to pluck a few of my own. I dunno. It's like, the spirit is willing to be immortal, undaunted, and forever young... it's just my body, that isn't getting the memo. I know, I know... I read all the regenerative medicine updates. And in theory, they could extend one's physical vitality so that our 80's is the new 20's. More power TO it. It's just... right now, it sucks that nature's reminding me that life's far too short as it is.

And really, I just wonder if I'll EVER figure out my place IN what time I have in this life. You knew pretty early on, you wanted to be an actor. Part of me wants to do that too... step into other character's lives, live as close to more than one lifetime as possible, at least in my imagination. I guess that's why I love reading and writing stories.

That reminds me! It was also partly because of you, that I got into the grassroots campaign to save the cancelled soaps, one of which YOU were once involved in. I can pleasantly report, One Life To Live, and All My Children not only have a new home and a new lease on life thanks to a lot of people's hard efforts, not just mine... but also that the new STUDIO, is literally a stone's throw from your old stomping grounds right here in CT. Stamford, as a matter of fact. I know if you could, you'd have wanted to be part of it too. I didn't have any input on where they picked the new studio to be... but I'm glad it's close to Danbury. Hopefully, One Life will be around for a VERY long time in that location. and I'll have a reason to visit it in rememberance of your own time there.

You'd get a real kick out of all the promotion they're doing for it. Some of the videos online, are your kind of humor exactly. Yeah, the more I think of it, the more I KNOW you would have loved every minute of this journey I went on, trying to save your old show.

My God, it was a crazy year. Lot of roller-coaster emotions. First anger... then outrage... then determination... then a lot of doubt when it looked like it wouldn't work... then surprise when it DID... and now satisfied excitement is in the air, waiting for the first airdate at the end of this month.

I think the one thing you PROBABLY might hesitate about is, they certainly do seem interested in showing a bit more skin, now that the shows are gonna be on Hulu and iTunes. I mean, my GOD, you should see the new guy they've got playing Matthew Buchanan. Woof! Eh. You've still got more in my opinion there, anyway. Always did.

Over on AMC though... LORD, did they ever land a looker newbie. Remember Opal Courtlandt? Yeah, the circus lady. Yeah, well... unlike OL, they're jumping ahead in the storyline for AMC, about five years since when the last ABC airdate. So a lot of characters grew up. And one of them, is Opal's kid Petey. Good LORD, the new Peter is nothing to sneeze at. It's that guy... first male model on The Price Is Right? Rob... Wilson, yeah, that's his name. HE'S been cast as the new Peter Courtlandt. Bite your tongue! COURSE I'll check him out. Still GOT a pulse, don't I?

Hell. It WOULD have been perfect, if you were here to be part of it too. Forget the other guys, I'd definately be satisfied if you'd been involved. Don't sell yourself short, I know you always struggled with that.

I saw the little hellos you leave me, from time to time. Just the other day, another ladybug turned up in my bathroom again. I never get tired of that. Or of you. Even now, ten years later.

I love you, bro. Always. Take care, Jon. I like to think maybe you can feel the hug I'd like to give you today. Happy birthday.

-David.

You've got a friend in me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 pm 

Happy Birthday Jonathan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:54 am 

I just saw a birthday video for Jonathan done by a 13 year old (she was three when he passed.)
Whatever he did, he's still doing it, even now.
How's that for a legacy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:39 am 

link?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:46 pm 

At your command, mon capitaine!

http://youtu.be/vqIGsyOhekk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:47 am 

thanks. It's nice to know that people beyond my generation notice him. :)