Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:42 pm 

...but there hasn't been a lot of posting traffic around here as of late, the latest site crash aside.

During the dead time, I kept checking over the weekend to see if Adam got things back up. And one time, forgot the hyphen when typing in the web addy.

Lo and behold, the old addy is no longer a placeholder for a website parking page. It appears whoever bought it before WE could, set up a new JB.org site much like before. Right down to many familiar members being there.

Who's now running it? Brace yourselves. Remember Ghost? I knew you could.

I'm of seriously mixed feelings about that, mostly because back on the old boards I used to get quite a few complaints about Ghost. Now she's holding court there as the lead admin, even has an account under his name for her to channel Jon through.

In addition, I've also noticed she's not the only one online claiming to be channelling him. I've found 3 on Twitter during our outage, one of them is Ghost's.

I'll just say this: I don't as a rule disregard messages from the dead, I've had one FROM Jon just this year under conditions impossible as far as where I stand, to have been faked. And one of the Twitter Jon-through-a-medium accounts, is saying some things that feel like validation of MY brief talk with him. No, it wasn't Ghost's.

Aside from my own belief about more things in heaven and Earth, I MUST advise caution, however; because although clearly SOMETHING appears to be going on, possibly legitimately, I cringe at prior experience as a mod & getting PM complaints regarding Ghost. Bad enough that the LIVING can get online with the potential to be not who they claim to be.

While *I* may feel like there could be some legitimate attempts from him to be heard right now, I worry that there might be those who believe they're really getting messages, but may not be uh... helping, here. And the litmus test, is an ephemerially murky one at best, under the circumstances.

And what's more, Ghost now using our old domain name, is why WE'RE the proverbial ghost town by comparison. Thought I should give you guys the heads' up.

Oh, and Adam? PS, would you mind PMing me? Question on something technical I need to pick your brain on, related to the crash. Thank you!

Oh, & yes. PPS, Happy Christmas Eve, Day, & Boxing Day to those who celebrate it! :-)

You've got a friend in me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:00 am 

I've been aware of the whole jb.org (dashless) issue for some time. Adam and myself tried getting the domain when its term expired but it was too expensive for our budget.

A few months later, someone else picked it up from the squatter and started the site.

As to how, that is beyond me and I'm also aware of the person you mention being on there.

My stance on that subject is pretty clear and there's no need to open that can of worms again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:24 am 

Yes this was a domain which I had lined up with my domain registrar to grab however somehow a domain name squatter (these guys are truly hated in the IT/Internet world as all they do is profit from the highest bidder) grabbed the domain and an offer of US$300 was not enough to even solicit a response from them.

So our ghostly friend probably spent their entire social security check for the month to grab the name...

It took them quite sometime to get a website happening on it too. But I don't think there's a forum on there? I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:40 am 

there is a forum but it's nothing like here, there it's more like a bad supernatural show.
now, i did my little researches on www.who.is where you can get informations about a website like ip address, first time online, server, etc... i searched some websites and for all of them, the "registrant name" is written except for, guess which one... yes!!! our "ghost" website, it's written "Registration Private". but i have to admit that i don't know anything about all those things so maybe it sounds weird to me but it actually isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:57 pm 

Yes, there is a forum there. I am currently on a slow burn since Christmas at something said there, because I could kick somebody's butt something fierce. But I'm holding back such a reply, out of respect for someone who HAS my respect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:23 am 

Yes my name (or my Company name) should show up for domains we hold as a part of keeping Jon's legacy alive.

However some of the contact info is bogus so that the spammers, scammers, and other vile scum don't harass me with their stupidity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:58 am 

AdamK wrote:
Yes my name (or my Company name) should show up for domains we hold as a part of keeping Jon's legacy alive.

However some of the contact info is bogus so that the spammers, scammers, and other vile scum don't harass me with their stupidity.

your name shows up, i wasn't talking about you, i was talking about the other JB.org which name doesn't .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 pm 

Yeah, noticed that TOO... Private, anonymous registration. A passingly good idea that will be misused, knowing human nature.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:39 pm 

Yes my NAME shows up, but the contact details that also show up are bogus.
As for our ghostly friend, I guess it's only fitting that his registration details elude us...since he is a ghost or spirit and all :)