Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 am 

Hi all

There will be some maintenance works happening this weekend. Last weekend I did a bit of a router update which took the site offline for a short while, this weekend I am doing some backup power tests, as the heat here has been rather...unpleasant to say the least, and this of course risks the power going out with everyone heading for their air-conditioners.

There should be no noticeable impact on the site this weekend, but if things don't go to plan it will be sudden and I won't get a chance to update y'all as I won't have electricity lol...

Anyway this is just a "heads up" for everyone -- I am not expecting any problems but always have to plan for them to ensure I am prepared for anything, which can happen in IT and maintenance works or testing works of any kind.

Last weekends router works has allowed for much better management of the whole network I own & manage, and should improve stability and speed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 am 

For those of you wondering, a heatwave in Melbourne is several days where the temperature is above 30 degrees C (86 degrees F), however this has been warmer, hovering around 35 - 36 degrees C each day for the past 4 days (or approx 96 degrees F), with a few days next week reaching 38 degrees C (approx 101 degrees F). The all time record high temperature here is 47.5 degrees C (118 degrees F) set in 2009.

On the other end of the scale, the record coldest temperature (at least for my part of Melbourne) is a chilly -9 degrees C (approx 15 degrees F).