Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Staff update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 673
Location: Quebec, Canada
Hello everyone,

Thanks to some help from one of our members, I was able to get in touch with some members of the old jb.org. I am pleased to announce that Adamk and John H will be joining our staff. Adam will help us out on the design side and he'll help me out with my admin duties. John will join Aimena and Blue_turtle as forum moderator.

Your help is much appreciated guys! Welcome to the staff!

Here's our updated staff:

Website design and gallery:
Adamk and Stardriven. You may contact them via: website@jonathan-brandis.org

Forum Moderators:
Blue_turtle, Aimena and John H. You may contact them via: forum@jonathan-brandis.org

Videos: me. Contact: videos@jonathan-brandis.org

Anything else: me via webmaster@jonathan-brandis.org

We will be putting up the staff page on the main site very soon.

Jonathanfanboy on behalf of your dedicated staff.

_________________
Jonathanfanboy, J-B.org Webmaster
"Making the website a better place."
“I mean, I try to say the right things and give the right advice. But still, I’m only a person.” -Jonathan Brandis
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 am
Posts: 902
Glad to see the site continuing to grow and prosper.

Some original members of the 'new' site are nervous about an influx of 'oldies' - but rest assured, all are welcome. Our webmaster has made it clear that tolerance is the first necessity of being a member of the 3.0. I am sure that he will back me when I say that we are free to believe whatever we like, whether it's a popular opinion or not, and that the addition of the two newest (or is that oldest?) members of the site will mark a new and improved day for everyone - all included.

Great to see you guys again, Adam and John. We have a lot of history between us, both tragic and joyful. I thank you personally for stepping in to help our webmaster to keep the building going (which I used to call the Pyramid,) and for helping to keep the legacy of my (of OUR) friend accessible to all.

irrelevant - Goneaway - Gar

_________________
"Your shadow is yours. I told it so. I said it was yours.
I have carried it with me for too long. I give it back." - M. Strand


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:42 pm
Posts: 306
Adam and John good to see you come back B-) will be looking forward to hearing from both of you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Australia
Just a quick note, as I also hold the domain jonathanbrandis.us I am changing the DNS for this to point to these forums and the site. If there's anything in the site I had running for a number of months that is not in here, I can also merge that data.

At present I am reviewing a number of things on here with the view of helping out and improving things such as security, performance and everything else in between.

I'll also be throwing in some of my own server and network resources to allow for further improvement of things.

After a meeting with the team yesterday, I am looking forward to helping contribute to our new home. It's been a long time in the making but I think we can pull it together. The task is huge, there is no single person who can do all of this on their own, without help from others.

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 673
Location: Quebec, Canada
AdamK wrote:
Just a quick note, as I also hold the domain jonathanbrandis.us I am changing the DNS for this to point to these forums and the site. If there's anything in the site I had running for a number of months that is not in here, I can also merge that data.

At present I am reviewing a number of things on here with the view of helping out and improving things such as security, performance and everything else in between.

I'll also be throwing in some of my own server and network resources to allow for further improvement of things.

After a meeting with the team yesterday, I am looking forward to helping contribute to our new home. It's been a long time in the making but I think we can pull it together. The task is huge, there is no single person who can do all of this on their own, without help from others.

Cheers


For those of us that don't speak computers this basically means: more space, more content and jonathanbrandis.us will soon point to this site as well. It should send more people our way.

_________________
Jonathanfanboy, J-B.org Webmaster
"Making the website a better place."
“I mean, I try to say the right things and give the right advice. But still, I’m only a person.” -Jonathan Brandis
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 673
Location: Quebec, Canada
irrelevant wrote:
Glad to see the site continuing to grow and prosper.

Some original members of the 'new' site are nervous about an influx of 'oldies' - but rest assured, all are welcome. Our webmaster has made it clear that tolerance is the first necessity of being a member of the 3.0. I am sure that he will back me when I say that we are free to believe whatever we like, whether it's a popular opinion or not, and that the addition of the two newest (or is that oldest?) members of the site will mark a new and improved day for everyone - all included.

irrelevant - Goneaway - Gar


Well put Irrelevant, both Adam and John have been told of my policy on this forum. As I said when I took over:

I want everyone to respect each other and their beliefs. The last thing I want is for this forum to become a battlefield like IMDB. That being said, I myself am not among the believers when it comes to Jon but I will respect him and others who wish to believe and those who don't and I will treat them all equally regardless. I expect everyone to abide by this rule as well.

_________________
Jonathanfanboy, J-B.org Webmaster
"Making the website a better place."
“I mean, I try to say the right things and give the right advice. But still, I’m only a person.” -Jonathan Brandis
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Australia
Jonathanfanboy wrote:
Well put Irrelevant, both Adam and John have been told of my policy on this forum. As I said when I took over:

I want everyone to respect each other and their beliefs. The last thing I want is for this forum to become a battlefield like IMDB. That being said, I myself am not among the believers when it comes to Jon but I will respect him and others who wish to believe and those who don't and I will treat them all equally regardless. I expect everyone to abide by this rule as well.


Yes and I agree and back you up on that good sir. However, I have a reputation from the original forums for dealing with trolls swiftly and ensuring they are placed on the aussie BBQ and to be shared out amongst the good members of the forum :)

Hopefully there's not too many trolls to cook. There's only so much space on the BBQ, and I have more tasty things I could be cooking on the BBQ too ....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Australia
JonBrandis wrote:
Trollettes?


They roast just as well on my BBQ don't you worry.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 979
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.

However, now I'm wondering what trolls and trollettes on a BBQ would taste like.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Staff update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Australia
JonBrandis wrote:
I wonder if some of those trolls would be trolls if they'd known me and asked for a reading. :-?
I'd lay odds that Gar's got a decent barbecue sauce recipe.


It was Gar who gave me the whole troll on BBQ idea in the first place!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
POWERED_BY