Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: I recommend.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:49 am 

I read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon a long time ago and loved it, but I am a bit of a SK addict. I shall have to check out the others as never heard of them :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:45 am 

I, too, am a fan of Stephen King. Especially his earlier novels. My favorites are The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and IT.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 am 

I think The Shining is probably my favourite but I like pretty much all of his older stuff, not so keen on his recent work. I loved IT too, but the clown in the film scared me too much when I was a kid!
x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:57 am 

I have to admit I've never read The Shining. Yes, I know - Shame on me [-x

Oh, I can completely relate to that, Ali. I had a couple of older friends who made me watch IT when I was around 9 years old. I swear I had nightmares for weeks and I still don't like clowns.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:04 am 

I'm so glad I am not the only one! The idea of a clown is a bit scary anyway, but after seeing IT..... <shudders>

Well I think the first chance you get you should sit yourself down with a copy of The Shining - you won't regret it!
x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:30 am 

Andrew T. wrote:
Maybe I should go back to watching (or reading) about psychotic Wall Street bankers that have a love for Oliver's People's glasses and Savidore Ferragamo shoes?

Which movie do you had in mind? I have a guess, I found that movie a bit unsettling :ymblushing:

-------------------------------

Do you know the author Frank Schätzing? Or maybe his book "The Swarm?

http://www.amazon.com/Swarm-Novel-Frank-Schatzing/dp/0060859806/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318278115&sr=8-1

I just finished it and found it very interesting. All the time reading it I had to think of the man, who survived the Thailand-tsunami of 2004 only because he reat this book as he were in Thailand on holiday.

Milka, there is a kindle-version as well ;;)

Ivi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:17 pm 

Thank you, I shall have to check that out!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:07 pm 

milkaholic wrote:
I'm so glad I am not the only one! The idea of a clown is a bit scary anyway, but after seeing IT..... <shudders>

Well I think the first chance you get you should sit yourself down with a copy of The Shining - you won't regret it!
x

I'll add it to my reading list. Looking forward to reading it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:52 am 

Aimena wrote:
I really want a Kindle, so I can get e-book versions of everything.

I've sworn never to own a Kindle [-( :D There's something just......wrong......about them. Maybe cos they're not actual books. With pages and creases and, well, bookness. Course it'll probably not be long til we just get the stuff downloaded to a chip in our heads anyway.... :seeingstars:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 am 

Debs1980 wrote:
Aimena wrote:
I really want a Kindle, so I can get e-book versions of everything.

I've sworn never to own a Kindle [-( :D There's something just......wrong......about them. Maybe cos they're not actual books. With pages and creases and, well, bookness. Course it'll probably not be long til we just get the stuff downloaded to a chip in our heads anyway.... :seeingstars:

I have to agree with you. I just love the feel of books and going around in bookstores and libraries to look at them. I can see the how a Kindle can be practical though, for example if you are travelling a lot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next