Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:29 am 

Jon wrote:
Fairymagic wrote:
Unfortunately,I'm going to have to say " Ditto" on this Debs. We believe in you Jon. We don't care if you thought some of the movies you made sucked. We love them just the same. You are still our hero,karate kid, knight,computer geek, and a wonderful person/entity. Asking questions is natural. ;) We WANT to get to know YOU not the actor we saw on screen. So forgive us if we ramble on and on. :-@

It's not that I THOUGHT they sucked. I knew it. It doesn't take a genius to know when a film doesn't work. Ask anyone who's ever seen a really terrible film, and I'd lay odds they knew without being a critic. As far as getting to know me goes, all I can say is, prepare to be bored. I wasn't really all that exciting.

Alright fine. You knew it sucked. So. :-?? I don't think your going to really convince us. We are pretty dedicated. Keep in mind we saw what you didn't see, in yourself. ;)

Oh and I'll make sure to bring my champagne pillow and fleece blanket to nap through the boring parts of getting to know you. :D

I love you man. You're my friend.~ SeaQuest
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsfairymagic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:40 am 

Couldn't find any champagne, will vodka do?

Attachments:
vodka.gif
vodka.gif [ 354 Bytes | Viewed 9040 times ]
orange-juice.gif
orange-juice.gif [ 960 Bytes | Viewed 9040 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:05 am 

No idea. Never drink it with orange juice, usually diet coke or lemonade and, if my best friend makes it, it's more vodka than mixer.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:59 pm 

Jon wrote:
A long time ago I made a pact with myself. I swore I would never be involved in mediocre productions. This film... the finished product... to call it mediocre would've been a compliment. The premise, casting, performances... everything was wrong .

So much of that was out of your control. You had control over one thing, your performance. And you did your job. It's like Barry Pepper and Battlefield Earth. The film didn't really work (and he was embarrassed by it) but I thought he did a good job in the part.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:42 pm 

Pearl wrote:
Jon wrote:
A long time ago I made a pact with myself. I swore I would never be involved in mediocre productions. This film... the finished product... to call it mediocre would've been a compliment. The premise, casting, performances... everything was wrong .

So much of that was out of your control. You had control over one thing, your performance. And you did your job. It's like Barry Pepper and Battlefield Earth. The film didn't really work (and he was embarrassed by it) but I thought he did a good job in the part.

I agree with Pearl, sometimes you just gotta grit your teeth and get on with it. Not everything in life is gonna turn out the way you want it to and sometimes you have to work with what you're given and hope for the best! ;) I thought you played the role well regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:39 am 

This movie was a complete shambles, and a total waste of Jon-talent. Every one takes a wrong-turn though, and it certainly didn't do his acting skills a total discredit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 am 

This movie did suck, LOL! Which is too bad b/c Jon, Julie Benz, and Christopher Lloyd have a lot of talent. I bought it only b/c Jon was in it and managed to make it to the end. Julie Benz probably felt like she was in "Jawbreakers 2: The Old Troll Version" or something. Jon did a great job and I love that he has an outtake at the end. "You're really sexy". Haha!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:34 am 

the movie sucked for the most part. it was cheesy. i only watched because of Jon. Julie Benz kinda annoyed me mainly because i was thinking she was too old to play a barely 18 yr old and Christopher Lloyd felt miscast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 pm 

I'm sure we can think of one.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:23 am 

Redeeming qualities. 1. Jonathan was in it. 2. It eventually ended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next