Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:51 pm 

&drew wrote:

I love the japanese Corn Flakes shirt. Sugoi! (japanese for cool)

I'm just glad this one isn't about me! lol.

Thanks for creating some activity here my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 pm 

AdamK wrote:
The thing here is, we're on this forum because of a common person -- Jon. Regardless of whether we knew him before he died, or we're fans of his great work, or just want to see what type of a person Jon really was while he was alive, we're here because of him. But it's also a great medium to build new and exciting friendships, ask questions about other things, play some forum games, share photos and other media etc etc.

By just being here and being who YOU are, by getting to know things about Jonathan and contributing as you have been, Andrew, you are keeping not only his legacy alive and well but you're also giving Jon a great compliment. If only he was alive to see how some of his most dedicated fans still frequently talk about him and the movies/TV shows he starred in...

That brings up a very good point. I will certainly make a high-def video regarding some Jon-related stuff -- And I won't look like a scarecrow. Bleh. That youtube vid = about how I look when I drive thru Taco Bell. Haha. I will only post hour-and-a-half to get ready, 'perfect' hair Andrew from here on out. :p

......"In a town full of phonies, I'm not afraid to be me." - Me

»» facebook.com/andrew.jonathan04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:21 pm 

irrelevant wrote:
Whilst (snicker) I DID notice the five-o-clock shadow (and trust me, I could give you a run for your money in that department about an hour after shaving), the hat just seemed natural. It's always good to see links to people's lives - proof that we HAVE them.

I loathe facial hair on myself - it looks terrible. I didn't shave this morning because we had some really strong storms blow through last night... All separate, naturally, and I woke up around 4 times... Alas, I didn't shave this morning. And yes, my life can get quite interesting. I will share some stories. With me, they seem better in animated form versus "Tahoma".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:14 pm 

&drew wrote:

Re: the decline in members/visitors, it's been my experience (as someone who flits around forums) that this isn't exactly a problem that just happens here. Most boards have a sort of cycle of posts/activity.

However, yay for thinking of ways to contribute! I wish I had more in my head than bad fan fiction. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 am 

However we did suffer a massive set back in participation and member numbers when Drina shut down the old (and original) forums for jb.org.

JFB and others, including myself, now have a huge task ahead of us once again of rebuilding what was lost. Of course, I'm keen to let everyone have at least some sort of say in things too, while we did lose a great deal with the old forums being deleted, I know that many of us on here are up to the task on getting this back to being a great memorial and lasting legacy for Jonathan and others who also suffer from depressive disorders.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:49 pm 

AdamK wrote:
However we did suffer a massive set back in participation and member numbers when Drina shut down the old (and original) forums for jb.org.

JFB and others, including myself, now have a huge task ahead of us once again of rebuilding what was lost. Of course, I'm keen to let everyone have at least some sort of say in things too, while we did lose a great deal with the old forums being deleted, I know that many of us on here are up to the task on getting this back to being a great memorial and lasting legacy for Jonathan and others who also suffer from depressive disorders.

C-Andrew in response:

http://youtu.be/tF3ZKdWkbAc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:39 pm 

Aimena wrote:
&drew wrote:

Re: the decline in members/visitors, it's been my experience (as someone who flits around forums) that this isn't exactly a problem that just happens here. Most boards have a sort of cycle of posts/activity.

However, yay for thinking of ways to contribute! I wish I had more in my head than bad fan fiction. ;)

Personally, as I'm sure you can tell, I like to talk about the odd occurrences of my everyday life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 pm 

Do NOT get me started on the subject of TIIC and how good shows get the axe prematurely. I'm a soap viewer, and the whole AMC and OLTL fiasco with ABC was enough to make me want to weep. Particularly since Jon WAS a One Life To Live actor once upon a time. I won't waste time here with comments on the rumors that Prospect Park will be producing new eps. All I shall discreetly say is, "If it works out, great." I personally have my doubts with how little we know of what they're doing or not doing, period.

But getting back to the point at hand, there have been a lot of great shows that didn't get a fair chance. And shows that got a shot but TIIC got a little TOO controlling, and ruined the premise. Take NBC's foray into a reboot of Knight Rider, for example. They went too far in one direction, then overcompensated in the other to the point that they just gave up trying and didn't bother to write their way out of the hole they'd dug themselves into by the end of the first and only season.

NBC has also managed to torture me with a BRILLIANT pilot for Mockingbird Lane, yet no word on whether they'll ever do anything with it. I think it should be sold in syndication, but that's just me.

I will however state this: Jerry O'Connell is a great actor and works as Herman Munster... but part of me wishes Jon WAS still alive, because I think he could have been a good candidate for the role, too.

Aimena wrote:
Ahh, yes, I forgot the sensor array fiasco. Hudson did a good job of teaching Lucas some discipline. Also, the last episode, "Weapons of War" had some development for O'Neill in that he discusses how hard it was to come back from a ten-year gap and not fit in with his friends and family anymore.

Also, Tony got more involved with being a soldier, something he'd started in season 2. Yeah, okay, I concede. There was some development going on. ;)

Also, someone on another board recently informed me that a series is supposed to run 4 seasons before it's eligible for syndication. The best we got, IIRC, is replay on Sci-fi for a while.

I really wish Gramercy Park/Place (can't remember this late at night which it was) had gotten picked up. It sucked getting so invested in a pilot, knowing I wouldn't get any more.

You've got a friend in me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 am 

CheddarMonster wrote:
And shows that got a shot but TIIC got a little TOO controlling, and ruined the premise. Take NBC's foray into a reboot of Knight Rider, for example. They went too far in one direction, then overcompensated in the other to the point that they just gave up trying and didn't bother to write their way out of the hole they'd dug themselves into by the end of the first and only season.

I actually liked the Knight Rider reboot. Or continuation, as it were, as the Mustang was supposed to be a sort of descendant of KITT, just as the kid was Michael's kid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 pm 

Aimena wrote:
CheddarMonster wrote:
And shows that got a shot but TIIC got a little TOO controlling, and ruined the premise. Take NBC's foray into a reboot of Knight Rider, for example. They went too far in one direction, then overcompensated in the other to the point that they just gave up trying and didn't bother to write their way out of the hole they'd dug themselves into by the end of the first and only season.

I actually liked the Knight Rider reboot. Or continuation, as it were, as the Mustang was supposed to be a sort of descendant of KITT, just as the kid was Michael's kid.

I liked it too. I got it on DVD. I saw the new mustang when I was at Universal Studios. It was lined up next to the Dolorean.