Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roles
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm 

CheddarMonster wrote:
Ooh! Y'know what role he'd have LOVED to do? Hannibal Lecter, on NBC's "Hannibal". Such an iconic role, and Jon had the range to pull it off, too.

Yeah, he would make a good Hannibal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm 

spiderduck1985 wrote:
CheddarMonster wrote:
Ooh! Y'know what role he'd have LOVED to do? Hannibal Lecter, on NBC's "Hannibal". Such an iconic role, and Jon had the range to pull it off, too.

Yeah, he would make a good Hannibal.

I think he would have made a better Will, as the character is sort of ambiguously 'good' with a lot of very (very) scary traits that make him too close to the monsters he's profiling. Jonathan would have loved to tread that fine line.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 pm 

Chris Pine did a great job, but I would have been thrilled if Jon had voiced Jack Frost in "Rise Of The Guardians". The role of Jack would have been an awesome fit...

You've got a friend in me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:50 am 

Wow, it would've been great to see him in a darker role like a vampire or a serial killer. I think he would've nailed it.

My first thought when I saw this thread was an elf in LOTR which I see JFB has already mentioned. Tolkien described (most of) them as being fair, elegant, graceful and wise. They had an inner glow that transcended beauty. Not to mention they were tall, slender and had fair hair. When I think of this it reminds me of Good King Wenceslas. I thought he had such an elegance to him when he played that role.

Although I think Orlando Bloom is a great choice for Legolas (what a cutie), I find it funny that they are putting blue contacts in his eyes for this role. Wow, Jon wouldn't have had any problems in that category! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:53 am 

Actually, the Elves' eyes change color according to their surroundings - you'll notice Legolas sometimes has brown eyes, sometimes blue, sometimes green.

Jon would have made a dynamite Elf, indeed, giving that otherworldliness to the role.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:20 pm 

Ya know, Irrelevant, I've never caught on to that before and I'm a big Tolkien fan. :-B I'll have to look into that. Funny thing is I read the books in high school to impress/have something in common with a guy I liked. Who would've known they'd be my all time favorite books?

It would've been even greater to see my high school crush, Jon, be in one of my all time favorite movies. If my memory serves me correctly the first two movies would've been out before he passed. Since I've heard many people say Peter Jackson was a great director (which I agree with but my love for the trilogy makes me biased). I often wonder what his take on it was due to directing being one of his aspirations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:33 pm 

OMG, I just caught up with the new Seth Green comedy, "Dads"! Wouldn't it have been perfect, were he still living, if Jon was co-starring with Seth on it? The actor they have now, I notice has a voice who reminds me of Jon's.... I'm blanking on the guy's name though. Funny as hell series!

You've got a friend in me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:53 am 

That's Giovanni Ribisi, who is about the same age as Leo DiCaprio (and was in a TV series called Sidekicks to boot!) Jon would have definitely been interesting as one of the two 'kids' on the program.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:40 pm 

I love Dads. It's hilarious!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:53 am 

hi guys, kinda new here, nice to meet you all

you guys have great ideas about some roles Jon would have been good. I would also have seen him in "the lord of the ring" but not as Legolas, as Aragorn, the leader, the one that can heal people, the one who's 87 years old and looks like a young man, etc....

and also as Dean Winchester in "Supernatural" that no matter what situation there are in, he always find the way to make jokes, and probably other thinks that don't come into my mind right now

as Michael Scofield in "Prison Break" (just thinking of his body with that tattoo..... :ymblushing: )

and as someone who loves Stephen King, i would have seen him in the new show "Under the Dome" as Dale Barbara.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next