Jonathan Brandis Forum

For Fans of Jonathan Gregory Brandis (April 13, 1976 -- November 12, 2003)
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Year That Trembled
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm 

I've never seen this movie.... i'm so seeing it, really soon!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:44 pm 

The director was vehement that they didn't cover Jon's freckles, so, besides his picking up some weight for the role of Casey (which, I'm sure was FUN for him! - eating pasta like crazy!) he looked pretty much like he did in real life.

He dropped all of that weight, by the way, and was just as rail-y as ever for his next project.

At the premiere of this film, in Hollywood in September (the 13th, if memory serves) I missed Jonathan by one day, as he attended the night before, and ended his night at one of his favorite hangouts, The Moustache Cafe, famous for its decadent hot chocolate torte (with whipped cream inside...you don't want to KNOW!!!) I figured I'd catch up with him sooner or later and didn't stress it that night. The pic circulating of Melanie and Ginger with him was the last known photo taken of him alive by anyone.

I never saw him again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:38 pm 

irrelevant, as usual... thank-you thank-you for interesting... (and heartbreaking) post .

I look forward to seeing The Year that Trembled this week... and will be looking for those freckles :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 pm 

I re-subscibed to Blockbuster yesterday. The Year That Trembled according to my e-mail today has been shipped! I must admit, i was on youtube today and came across part 1. I watched for about three minutes and exited, lol. I told myself... stop it! It looks like a good movie! Can't wait to see it :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 pm 

Whew! Been so busy working... everyday, long hours. We have Spring Break here.... which should be re-named Sheer Madness... lol. I watched The Year That Trembled .... couple times actually in the past several days. I loved it. Jon's performance in it was superb. The footage from the war at the end of the movie was only too sad, so depressing. I cannot imagine the fear for everyone back then.. even today.

I thought it was a really good movie.... i was curious and interested right to the end. I could almost feel what Casey was feeling watching it. I still have the dvd.... i want to see it again before i return it because i didn't exactly catch what Jon's character Casey was writing in his tablet that night in bed... and it pertained to the title of the movie.

As i mentioned, i have been so busy working, when i get home and pop the movie in... i'm out like a light in about half hour into the movie. I have seen the first half hour of the movie four times! The movie is NOT boring... it is ME who is exhausted.... lol. Damn good movie! I loved it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm 

Besla wrote:
i didn't exactly catch what Jon's character Casey was writing in his tablet that night in bed... and it pertained to the title of the movie.

Ahh... it wasn't what Casey was writing in his tablet. He was reading a book..... an actually book by Walt Whitman. Watching the movie and getting on the computer and reading about the movie is too interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 am 

It's nice to see people posting again. I was getting worried. It was pretty quiet for a bit...

Glad to see some activity again.

I think TYTT will be the next movie I put up on the video section.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 pm 

I really enjoyed The Year That Trembled. I'm still thinking about it.... feeling for the character's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 am 

Hey I only live 45 minutes away from where he filmed this movie. I was searching through his movies on IMDB.com and looked where they were filmed. and there it was right by where i live so i went there to check out the town and i got pictures. it was fun! Im gonna go see if i recognize any places from the movie. Garrettsville and Hiram are two very small towns, very nice country towns.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:58 am 

I'm surprised I've never watched this film since I am pretty much obsessed with the era it was set in. I found a used copy on Amazon, and it's on its way to me. I can't wait to see it.